Leila (Zeqian Huang), a student of Wenzhou-Kean University.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Response to the Elephant Vanishes

I have read the story of the elephant. After reading the story, I cannot say how I feel about the story. I know the author is a famous Japanese I have read his book before, but I do not know why I cannot always realize what the theme or the core he want to present. Maybe I am too stupid. But I have read the book appraisals, and I become more confuse. The book review said the book reflect a lot of things, like the society. 
I can only get the idea is the feeder and the old elephant has very good relationships. Maybe the feeder helps the elephant escape. Actually, the narrator said he is the last one who saw the elephant and feeder from the secret side. What he saw was a little amazing: the power shared by the elephant and the feeder, then the elephant become smaller and the feeder may become stronger. Because this thing seems strange. He thought nobody will listen to him or believe him so that he did not tell everyone except a young woman. Then the young woman looks like interested about it. However, he do not want to tell more or we can say he do not something more about the absent of the elephant.

Of course, we cannot know why the feeder and the elephant can get out from the shed,but we can suppose they will live better after that time. People in that town are not careful enough about the absent of the elephant at later though there are a lot of the newspapers and magazines about that initially. There are no result so that the police and the citizen are all forget the elephant. Human beings are always like that, they don't have a focus on one thing. Many things like this are been forgotten in the whole history. It seems really said but true.  

No comments:

Post a Comment