Leila (Zeqian Huang), a student of Wenzhou-Kean University.

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Response to the Bible, Book of Genesis, Chapters 1-9

I have read the chapter 1-9. This is the beginning of Bible, whose content is very familiar to us. Chapter 1 is simply talking about what the God do in the first sixth day. He created everything except human. In chapter 2, God was creating human and a garden in Eden. Also he took one of his ribs and uses that rib to make a woman. The man and woman do not have any feeling of ashamed. There was the famous story about Adam and Eve in chapter 3. The serpent asked Eve to eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Eve shared the fruit with Adam. They knew good and evil. However, they was been punished by God. Chapter 4 is talking about Cain killed his brother Abel because of jealousy. Therefore Cain became a fugitive and a wanderer. But he would not be kills because of what the God said. Chapter 5 is really boring but very important. This chapter only tell us the list of descendant of Adam. We can know from this chapter that there are hundreds of people in the world and it would become more and more. This will be a bedding of the next chapters. Chapter 7 is the reason of why God wants to kill human beings. There are a lot of wars because of human beings’ desire. So He asked Noah who is a righteous man to help him. And Noah did what God said. In chapter is the whole story of God destroyed the world and Noah made the ark to save the every species. Chapter 8 is the dove flying to ark and tell Noah the water is subsided from the earth which means they can come back and make a new world. Chapter 9 is a story Noah’s family make the earth live. There are another small story in this chapter: Canaan’s father Ham saw his father Noah’s nakedness in inadvertently. However, Canaan become a slave of Noah‘s other sons.
            It took me sometimes to read those 9 chapters. Though this is a Bible, and there are many things that I cannot agree. For example, I do not know why God punished Adam and Eve. I do not think people have curious and want to do something what others are not agree is wrong. Adan and Eve ate the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, the only change has happened to them is that they began to know shame. I think it is great for them to know shame. I do not know why God are angry but I have come out an idea. The God might afraid that human know good and evil, because that’s the only way to distinguish God and normal people except the super powers. He was afraid that he was not special.

            Also there are another thing that I cannot understand. Why Noah ask Canaan to be a slave in case of his father’s fault. Whereas I still do not think Canaan’s father Ham has any fault. He was saw Noah’s nakedness in accident. Noah drunk and lay uncovered and there must a person is going to see his nakedness. That person may not be Ham next may be is his brother. So I think the fault root is Noah himself. And I think it is amazing that Canaan should be punished only because he is the Hem’s son? I can really not understand the strange logic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment